Domestic workers (Registration social
security and welfare ) Act 2008
|Statement of objects and reasons
|6. State Board
- The Central or State Government, as the case may be ,shall constitute a Board to be called the Domestic worker Board (hereinafter referred to as the Board).
- The Board, shall consist of—
- A Chairperson to be appointed by the Central Government;
- such number of members , as the appropriate Government may
nominate , that shall include association, Union or persons espousing the
cause of domestic workers , individuals having expertise in issues relating to
labour matters, women and child issues , law and any other interests.
- Which in the opinion of the appropriate Government ,ought to be represented
on the central Board.
- Provided further that composition of Board shall be at least 5 members
excluding the chairperson.
- The number of persons to be appointed as members from the categories
specified in sub-section.
- The term of officer and other conditions of
service of, the procedure to be followed in the discharge of their functions and
the manner of filling up of vacancies shall be such as may be prescribed.
|7. Functions of the State Board
- The State Board shall perform the following functions:
- Review and monitor the District Board constituted for the State and take
appropriate steps to ensure its proper and effective implementation.
- Allocate funds to the district Board and administer the domestic workers
welfare fund and allocate such amounts to the State and district Boards as
may be considered necessary.
- Prescribe the fees to be charged from the employers, service providers and
domestic workers from time to time.
- Prescribe fee for registration as beneficiaries under the Fund and rate per
mensem for the beneficiaries of the fund.,
- Implement such schemes and welfare measures as formulated in consultation
with the central Board.
- Prescribe the form of register to be maintained for registration of beneficiaries
under the fund.
- Procedure for renewal of registration certificate.
- Entertain appeals with respect to any decision taken under section 16 (4) of
- Ensuring decent conditions of service , including rates of remuneration, hours
of work and conditions as to holidays and pay in respect thereof; in
consultation with central committee
- ensuring minimum payment to domestic workers registered as beneficiaries
who are available for work in respect of periods during which full employment,
or even part employment, is not available;
- Any other matter as may be prescribed.
|8. District Boards
- The Central Government or the State Government, as the case may be, shall
by an order notified in the Official Gazette, constitute a District board in each
of the districts.
- The number of persons to be appointed as members of the Board , the term of
officer and other conditions of service of, the procedure to be followed in the
discharge of their functions and the manner of filling up of vacancies shall be
such as may be prescribed
|9. Functions of the Board
- The District Boards shall perform the following functions:
- Designate any one or more of the following at such areas as maybe
considered necessary , as Workers' Facilitation Centres (WFC) for purposes
of facilitating registration of workers:
- Local Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRI) or urban local bodies;
- Resident welfare associations/society ;
- Non-profit organizations working among the Domestic workers.
Provided further that such Workers' Facilitation Centres (WFC) shall function
under the supervision of the district Board
- The Board shall carry out or cause to carry out the registration of domestic
worker and employers and service providers as per the procedure prescribed
under the Act either directly or through the WFC and maintain records.
- The district Board shall Monitor and maintain records regarding the
movement of women and children from village/district to any other place
in connection with domestic work