Domestic workers (Registration social
security and welfare ) Act 2008
|Statement of objects and reasons
|12. Registration fee –
- where a employer engages a domestic worker on full time basis, it shall be the duty of such employer to register with the Board on payment of prescribed fee, which shall form a part of yearly subscription, irrespective whether the domestic worker continues in such employment or otherwise or performs any part of household work part time in more than two households.
- Where a domestic worker is engaged through a agency or middleman
or service provider it shall be the duty of such agency or middleman as the
case may be , to provide such details for registration along with the fee
as may be prescribed.
- Provided that the Board may on application made by any service
provider exempt such service provider from payment of the fee, if so
considered necessary, giving cogent reasons therefore.
|13. Renewal of registration certificate
- A registration certificate shall be renewed at an interval of One year on the
payment of the fee as may be prescribed
|14. Employment of a child:
- No child shall be employed as a domestic worker or for any such incidental or
ancillary work which is prohibited under any law for the time being in force.
|15. Domestic Workers Welfare Fund
|There shall be formed a Fund, to be called the Domestic workers Welfare
Fund, and there shall be credited thereto--
- Any grants made to the Fund by the Central Government.
- Any money received by the beneficiaries.
- All amounts from the District Boards received as registration and other fees.
- Any income from investment of the amounts in the Fund.
- All fines collected
- The Fund shall be administered and applied by the State Board to meet the
expenditure incurred in connection with measures and facilities which, in the
its opinion is necessary or expedient to promote the welfare of domestic
workers; and, in particular,--
- To defray the cost of such welfare measures or facilities for the benefit of
domestic workers /beneficiaries as may be decided by the Board
(b) To sanction any money in aid of any scheme for the welfare of the domestic -
workers including family welfare, family planning, education ,Insurance and
other welfare measures
- To meet the allowances, if any, of the members of the Committees and the
State /District Board and WFC under this Act and the salaries and
allowances, if any, of persons appointed under section ;
- Any other expenditure which the Board may direct to be defrayed from the
REGISTRATION OF DOMESTIC WORKERS AS BENEFICIARIES
|16. Beneficiaries of the Fund
- Subject to the provisions of this Act, every domestic worker registered
as a beneficiary under this Act shall be entitled to the benefits provided
by the Board from its Fund under this Act.
- Every domestic worker who has completed eighteen years of age, but has not
completed sixty years of age, and who has been engaged in any domestic
work for not less than ninety days during the preceding twelve months shall be
eligible for registration as a beneficiary under this Act.
- An application for registration shall be made in such form, as may be
prescribed, to Board in this behalf.
- Every application under sub-section (2) shall be accompanied by such
documents together with such fee not exceeding -------rupees as may be
- If Board under sub-section (2) is satisfied that the applicant has complied with
the provisions of this Act and the rules made thereunder, he shall register the
name of the domestic worker as a beneficiary under this Act:
Provided that an application for registration shall not be rejected without
giving the applicant an opportunity of being heard.
- Any person aggrieved by the decision under sub-section (4) may, within thirty
days from the date of such decision, prefer an appeal to the state Board and
the decision of the State Board on such appeal shall be final:
- Provided that the State Board in this behalf may entertain the appeal after the
expiry of the said period of thirty days if he is satisfied that the domestic
worker was prevented by sufficient cause from filing the appeal in time.